Pony Express/Heritage Express/Sweetwater Café opened for business in 1996 with the first location in Winnebago, Nebraska. We have since grown to include eight locations in both Iowa and Nebraska. Although the fuel and convenience store concept is the same throughout our locations, each branch offers slightly different amenities. The Pony Express parent company, Ho-Chunk, Inc. is the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Headquartered in Winnebago, Nebraska, Ho-Chunk, Inc. has grown from one employee to over 1,000 employees with operations in 16 states and eight foreign countries.
Responsible for honoring each and every customer by providing excellent customer service. Barista is responsible for educating customers about our premium organic coffees and teas. A true professional that fulfills any additional duties needed. Displays a positive attitude at all times to ensure return of our customers who are the reason for our business.
- Greets all customers with a friendly smile.
- Initiates dialogue and develops rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Generates customer satisfaction; responds appropriately to customer concerns.
- Accurately processes transactions through the POS and counts back change to customers.
- Answers the café’s telephone in a friendly manner using a professional greeting.
- Sells and services baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Assists in the opening and/or closing of the café.
- Assist with the baking, Food Prep and Catering
- Provides top quality espresso shots for hot and cold beverages.
- Communicates with coworkers and management to solve problems and improve quality and service
- Works with coworkers and management to effectively implement change.
- Contributes to a positive work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Some experience in making espresso drinks helpful but will train the right person
- Ability to stand for long periods of time must be able to push and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Reliable transportation and a working phone
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Maintains a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
Preferred prior retail store experience of one (1) year
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian
Certified, Native American Tribally-owned.